£45,000 – £60,000 pa
Senior WordPress Lead
Reading / Part-Remote
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced WordPress lead developer to join our growing, fast paced digital agency with reputation for delivering clean, beautiful and super-fast websites.
Working closely with the project managers and creative leads you will be responsible for supporting, maintaining and managing WordPress based sites for a number of new and existing clients. The role can be mixed between the office in Reading and remote work and we would expect the successful candidate to live ideally no more than 1hr away from Reading.
Our successful candidate will be self-motivated and highly organised, rallying the troops for a successful project outcome. The roleholder will be highly effective in their communications, with attention to detail. They’re not afraid of tackling the hard issues, and love it when a plan comes together! They’ll deliver results that exceed expectations.
- Managing an existing WordPress team, managing tasks, schedules, and deliverables.
- Find technical solutions to solve complex WordPress & WooCommerce problems
- Liaise with customers to ensure their WordPress websites are performing as best as they can be
- Manage and delegate WordPress support tickets
- Communicate effectively with senior management, developers and partners.
- Manage the development, release, and maintenance of WordPress/WooCommerce projects
- Track and report the status of projects to Senior Management.
- Drive innovation for the core business operations by recommending viable technologies.
- Anticipate issues, identify future choke points, and work ahead of time to alleviate potential issues.
- Highly experienced in WordPress & WooCommerce
- Ability to build WordPress plugins
- Lots of experience working with WooCommerce and WooCommerce plugins
- Testing and Debugging/UI Testing
- Experience with version control such as BitBucket or GitHub
- Ability to run a team of devs and manage day to day running of multiple projects.
- Strong communication skills as it will require client interaction
Beneficial / Bonus Points:
- Experience with roots tool stack for WordPress (Sage, Trellis, Bedrock)
- Frontend Technology Stacks (ideally with React/Vue/Angular etc)
- Laravel experience (we work in both WordPress & Laravel)
- An eye for UX design although you will be expected to work closely with a designer
What we can offer:
We promote an open, positive working environment, with a professional yet easy-going atmosphere.
As a growing agency you will have a real opportunity to help shape our future, and the role is only limited by your imagination and business acumen.
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Pension plan, including company contributions
- Leaders value each employee, and are committed to the team’s growth and success
- Regular training and development opportunities
- Regular social activities based around significant company achievements.
- Relaxed working environment
- Flexible working hours (we don’t believe in 9-5!)
- Coffee machine, tea, mineral water and fresh fruit
- Table Football, Xbox, VR and chill out areas to unwind
Who are we?
We develop web and mobile apps for brands, startups and established businesses looking to take their online presence to the next level. We have just moved into beautiful new offices in Grazeley, just outside Reading (M4 Junction 11) where we have undergone a modern refit including Table football, VR, and chillout areas in a lovely rural location.
If you’re a passionate and engaging and driven individual this is an excellent opportunity to be part of the beating heart of the onsite team and make a real mark within the business as we grow.
Interested? Apply below: